Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Sweet Dreams

Julia pilfered my pregnancy pillow!

I can't believe it. Just the other day I dug it out of storage for my achy pregnant nighttime ligaments. It's small, designed to put between one's knees or under one's belly--not a body pillow--and covered in very soft pale blue flannel. Naturally Julia noticed it right away the next morning on my bed and yelled, "What's DAT?!" Then she ran over to it, grabbed it, and literally ran off down the hall with it toward her own bed, saying over her shoulder, "Julia have Mama's pillow!" She napped with it that day, happy as a clam. We forgot to get it out of her room before she went to bed that night, and when I went in to check on her before I went to bed, I didn't have the heart to take it away from her. She was so sweetly snuggled up with her head on it, snoozing like a contented puppy. She's in love with it! It's just her size. And, is this a coincidence?: the two nights she's gone to bed with it, she hasn't complained about bedtime at all or done her recent hour-long bedtime-protest routine.

Yes, you guessed it--I'm the pregnant one, but it's Julia's pillow now.

No comments: