Monday, July 03, 2006

Why "Wonderland"?

You may be wondering what’s up with this blog’s title. I chose the name “Mama in Wonderland” because, to me, it has three meanings. First, a little tongue-in-cheek, because daily life as a stay-at-home mom is certainly no wonderland, as filled as it often is with diapers, spilled sippy cups, too much laundry, and too little sleep. Second, on the other hand, in many ways I DO feel that my life as a mother is wonderful and full of blessings; I am often overcome with wonder at how parenthood has changed my life for the better. And last, as I embark on the final weeks of my second pregnancy and contemplate becoming the mother of a newborn and a toddler at the same time, I feel a bit like Alice on the verge of tumbling down the rabbit hole---excited, but also nervous and necessarily unprepared for what this new adventure will be like.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I've been to Wonderland!