Thursday, August 31, 2006

Hectic Morning

The other day, we packed up ourselves and both girls and drove the half hour to the Twin Cities suburb where we had to bring our hail-smashed car for inspection and repair. It's going to take a full month for us to get our car back! Seeing as how we bought this vehicle to better accomodate all the gear that goes along with two babies rather than just one, let's just say the timing of all this could have been better. Sigh. At least no one was hurt in that terrible storm.

In other news, this morning Christopher took Julia out of the house first thing, because we were completely out of (caffeinated) coffee---a fatal oversight during these days of extreme sleep deprivation!---and he decided to take her to the coffee shop for breakfast and pick up espresso while there. Julia and I (and Genevieve) have our first playgroup meeting since Genevieve's birth later today, so I actually had to bathe, dress, etc. this morning. As I was running around trying to simultaneously groom myself, eat something, drink something, nurse (twice), change diapers (twice), find the diaper bag, answer the phone, and dress the baby, all with Genevieve crying for the entire 90 minutes we were home alone, I couldn't help but think: How in the WORLD am I going to do all this when I've got both babies at home with me, and Christopher is back to work?

Good thing I've got coffee.

3 comments:

Donna said...

Ditto!

Donna said...

The thing that consoles me when I have these very thoughts is that if two kids were SOOOO hard, no one would ever have three, four, or even five kids!

Shan said...

Good point, Donna---unless all those people are, say, nuts?!