Monday, September 11, 2006

More Boring Comments About My Newborn's Sleep Habits

Despite a fussy period late last evening when nothing was right in her world, between midnight and 7 a.m. today Genevieve only nursed three times, which is an improvement in our sleep-deprived household. Yay! I'm pretty sure there's no reason to be alarmed about colic, just the typical newborn fact of life that Genna Rose has a fussy period of day--or night, rather--and she isn't always ready for sleep when the grown-ups are, seeing as she's also been snoozing all day long. Poor girl also has lots of tummy troubles, as she tends to gulp air when she's trying to keep herself from drowning on my ridiculous milk flow when she first starts nursing. Sorry 'bout that, kid!!!

More later--it's a big day for Julia today, and not really in a good way. It involves doctors and painful tests. And it hearkens back to a very difficult time for us a year ago, when she was very sick and no one knew it, or knew why, and she suffered needlessly. I'll write more about that later. But for now, I have to take advantage of the fact that my mother-in-law is visiting and is holding the baby for me so I can go take a shower. (I may even wash my hair!)

No comments: