Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Little Health Nut

As excited as Julia gets about the treats she gets occasionally--mainly things like pumpkin muffins or rhubarb bread that I bake and serve when we have visitors, which has been happening a lot since Genevieve was born--she's still a little health-food eater at heart. The other day she was upset that there was no more broccoli for her to eat at dinner (because she'd eaten everything I'd cooked). She said to me, "Mama, I want broccoli tomorrow for SNACK!" Then she added, "With BANANA! I want broccoli and banana tomorrow for SNACK!"

You talked me into it, Sweet Pea.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Isn't it wonderful?! One night I served venison something-or-other (lots of hunters around here, incl. my friend Amber's husband, so we paid them a *little* and got a *lot* of deer meat last year) and spinach salad, and Logan came to the table and announced, "Mmmmm!!! What a *great* supper!!" He is also a BIG brocoli fan! (Grandpa Myron doesn't care for it, so Logan and Grandpa are *always* teasing each other about it!) I know venison probably isn't *your* thing, but at least it's one of the healthier meats, and how many 8-year-olds do *you* know who would be *excited* about venison and spinach for supper??!! It's great!! (Oh, and he's almost always very glad to have fruit for a snack too! I'm so proud!)

Donna said...

Enjoy it while it lasts! My son used to like milk more than juice (as well as many other things a dietitian mother is proud to brag about), but all that changed as he got older...

Shan said...

Yeah, I'm sort of wondering when Julia will decide she'll only eat bread and butter, or string cheese, or whatever!