Thursday, October 12, 2006

Pay No Attention to the Mama Behind the Curtain Eating Chocolate

OK, so yesterday I ended up eating some chocolate, and guess who had a miserable, cry-filled night punctuated by hourly awakenings and constant squawks and groans? I mean, besides me? Damn those Fudge Stripe cookies at mothers' group! And those Hershey's Nuggets I decided to add to the equation at 9 p.m.! I'm crying uncle. Obviously, chocolate does not agree with my nursing baby.

What kind of a genetic anomaly is she? Who doesn't like chocolate? Surely she can't be my daughter.

3 comments:

Christopher Tassava said...

No, she really is. Not only was I there at parturition, but I know that she's unaffected by the consumption of large quantities of candy corn, an ability carried on your chromosomes only.

Shan said...

Mmmm, candy corn.....

Donna said...

Oy. Chocolate. My heart goes out to you. I hope Genna's system will be able to tolerate it better as she gets older.