Monday, February 26, 2007

Advice, oh Internet?

Wouldn't it be great if this blog had a following, a large-ish group of readers, so that I could ask this question and maybe get some good ideas? Not that I won't get good ideas from my small but presumably loyal current readership, but, you know, the more readers, the more ideas.

ANYWAY.

If YOU had purchased this hip and lovely-colored poster for YOUR children's nursery wall, but had purchased it unframed because you could not afford the framed version ($19 vs. $69!), thinking in your little head, "I know! I'll buy it unframed and then go and buy a cheap poster frame at Target!", without realizing that said poster is an odd size (14" x 23", how crazy is that?) and is therefore cunningly unframeable with those stock discount-store poster frames, what would YOU do with it to mount it (nicely, if possible) to the wall?

5 comments:

Donna said...

Mount it on some posterboard which is of a frameable size and then get a cheap frame.

Shan said...

Ah, that's why I'm friends with you. You're smart.

Elise said...

The other option would be to visit your local Michael's or Joanne Fabrics - they both have framing sections where you can buy DIY frames where you select the dimensions for both sides, so you could customize the frame for the dimensions of your poster. OR, you could wait until they have one of their 50% off framing sales and see how much it would be for them to frame it - I've gotten surprisingly good deals that way, as cheap as around $20 per poster. Good luck with it - it's a super cute poster!

Shan said...

Hey, those are both good ideas too! Too bad I have no idea where the nearest Michael's or Joann's are. I've never heard of DIY frames...sounds cool. I'll have to update you both on what I finally do....

Wood Butcher said...

Pick one of these up and make your own! http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-Shop_Tools-All-Craftsman_14_in_Chop_Saw_23540