Monday, March 19, 2007

Joy

Genevieve night-weaned herself. She did! She still wakes up at some point in the night, but with a little comfort she goes back to sleep. No nursing. Not even the 10 p.m. nursing. So far I'm not getting a full night's sleep because of the above-mentioned awakening, as well as the middle of the night pumping (too engorged to go 13 hours). Not to mention the 2 a.m. fears that the baby is not, indeed, miraculously sleeping through the night but is, in fact, dead. But I have faith that eight hours of actual sleep is on my personal horizon.

Have I mentioned that the idea of being done with sleep training, FOREVER, is one of the things that keeps my crazy brain in check when I start thinking I might one day regret having only two babies? NO MORE SLEEP TRAINING, PEOPLE. EVER! We have survived. Sure, more angst will come, sooner, later, whenever. But the sleep training? DONE.

No comments: