Thursday, June 28, 2007

Formula Follow-Up

(Below: Genevieve's disgusted and angry response to the sippy cup of formula after taking her first taste.)



OK, so I accidentally offended a dear friend with my Genevieve-hates-formula-and-I'm-not-too-sure-about-it-either post, but as luck and reasonable minds would have it, a little discussion and explanation put us back on track just fine. However, the comments on that post (from friends and from me back in response) were so interesting and thought-provoking that I'm linking to them explicitly here in the hopes that those of you who don't normally go to the trouble of clicking on comments might do so this time. Because a.) my first comment is (I hope) a clarification of what I REALLY wanted the post to mean, and b.) my second is a follow-up musing on why it's so risky to express even the slightest uncertainty about utilizing formula to nourish a baby, but I'm too lazy to write another whole post expanding on this idea. So go read. If you feel like it.

4 comments:

Jim said...

Genevieve's paternal grandfather's son was raised on formula, then raw cow's milk, pizza, roast beef, rice cakes and potatoes and he is still healthy many years later.

Shan said...

Yep. As were most of us. (Well, maybe not the raw cow's milk part.)

Christopher Tassava said...

And he didn't much like the roast beef!

donna said...

LOVE the pictures!