Tuesday, July 03, 2007

And....Trained.

It's amazing how much can change in a week and a half.

Julia's got her Zoe doll. Yes, today we gave her the Ultimate Reward, the one she's been anticipating for almost a year, on only her fourth day of real-deal potty training. Is that rash? Premature? Foolhardy? Nah, I don't think so. She's trained. Four days or not, she really is. She hasn't had any accidents. She knows when she has to go. I'm sure there will be the typical missteps when she gets busy and miscalculates how much time she needs to get to a bathroom--perhaps especially when we start venturing out in public in underpants--or suffers some other sort of unanticipated complication. And she still needs to learn how to perform the various bathroom steps independently (or mostly so).

But honestly, I just know she's trained.

1 comment:

Nonna said...

I sort of figured that when she was ready, it would happen very fast, and she has proved me right! Congratulations to everyone, especially Julia! I can't wait to meet Zoe!