Monday, July 02, 2007

(Possibly Premature) Hallelujah

I think Julia might be potty trained.

I know, can you BELIEVE my recklessness, uttering such words to the world, after only 2-1/2 days of Extreme Potty Training? On only our third day of underpants?

But people, since we put her in undies on Saturday morning, it's been a total breeze. There have been no major accidents. No changes of outfits necessary. No carpet cleaner, no paper towels and vinegar. Nothing. Just appropriately telling us she needs to go, using the potty chair, and...that's it. (She is wearing a diaper during naps and at night.)

True, we've purposely stayed home the last 2-1/2 days so as to be close to Julia's familiar potty chair(s). But this morning, at Julia's request, I did take both girls out on a walk with no dire consequences. On the 4th we're going to a party, so that will be her first test to see if she can stay dry at someone else's house and use a friend's potty chair when needed. I'm not very worried, because she's used friends' potty chairs on playdates in the past, when she was in Pull-Ups. I think she'll be okay.

I think she just needed to get out of those diaper-like Pull-Ups. It seems like she wouldn't dream of wetting her underpants (if she can help it), whereas with the Pull-Up on, sometimes she just didn't want to bother using the bathroom if she was busy playing. She even said to me once, "But Mama, it's a diaper!" So there you go.

I hate to count my chickens before they're hatched, but I'll go ahead and say it: I think she's on her way to sweet little Northfield Nursery School.

2 comments:

Jordan said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's fabulous.

We start in earnest tomorrow if Lyle's, uh, tummy troubles, are cleared up. That's an accident I don't want to deal with!

Christopher Tassava said...

Hallelujah is right! Way to go!