Saturday, August 11, 2007

Par-Tay!


Someone had a first-birthday party this afternoon. She had 11 guests (two babies, nine adults--including one set of grandparents), numerous presents, and one very sugary cupcake. More details, pics, and festivities to follow in the days ahead. After all, her actual birthday isn't for a few more days, and you know I'll have a few words to say about THAT momentous occasion. Do you remember what you were doing one year ago today? I was up half the night with pre-labor pseudo-contractions, and about to go crazy if that pregnancy didn't end IMMEDIATELY. I was still almost two weeks away from my scheduled C-section, though, so I didn't know that Vivi would be on her way by Monday.

Our household's last birthday party, ever again, for a baby turning one? I'd better eat an extra cupcake in tribute. There's nothing like a one-year-old baby, is there? Nope.

2 comments:

Question said...

Awwww, your baby is (almost) one. How fast that happened, huh? Happy Birthday Genevieve.

Donna said...

I know! One year already! Ack!