Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Inner (and Outer) Peace

Now that we've tried the Vivi-in-the-crib experiment and abandoned it, I feel completely at peace with having moved her back into the porta-crib in the guest room. Surprisingly at peace, actually. All those reasons I wanted her in the nursery--they still exist, but I don't care about them at all right NOW anymore. All it took was seeing how miserable it was for Genevieve at the time, and how clearly relieved she was to be back in her old space, for me to go, Eh--we'll do it later; who cares? Which, really, is unlike my typical approach to the world. I'm generally a champion second-guesser, poor-decision-maker, waffler.

I think the fact that Genevieve slept until 8 a.m. on Monday morning, and then from 12:45 to 3:30 for nap on Monday afternoon, and is currently on hour two of her morning nap today, has something to do with my intense inner peace. Genevieve's relief over and love for her old bed is practically palpable. I think the saying shouldn't be, "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy," but more accurately should go, "If baby is sleeping, then Mama is happy. And that makes everyone happy."

Or something like that.

1 comment:

Grandpa Jim said...

Well its good to know that everyone is happy again! But what about the heat?