Monday, October 01, 2007

Kids and Stress

As a psychologist, I'm intimately familiar with the fact that even kids can get stressed out. Over at Work It, Mom! today, I'm writing about how parents can teach stress management skills to their children. I'm speaking mainly of mid-grade-school-age kids and up, but certainly it's never too early to start talking with children in simple ways about feelings, how to calm down when upset, etc. I wish all of you Happy October (my favorite month!), and low stress levels, too.

3 comments:

Christopher Tassava said...

Cool! Well done!

Mary Tsao said...

Wow -- I'm off to read the article. I've started telling my kids to "breathe." It reminds me of my hippy aunt, who used to tell her kids, "dig yourself." hehehe.

Shan said...

Dig yourself! I love that one!