Thursday, October 04, 2007

Love it in Theory

I think I must love being a stay-at-home mom IN THEORY. How else to explain the fact that, when Genevieve wakes up from afternoon nap BEFORE 1:45 P.M. FOR THE SECOND TIME THIS WEEK (and rarely sleeps past two on all other days), my instant reaction is to feel like poking my own eye out with a stick?

If I truly loved being a stay-at-home mom as much as I think I do, wouldn't I be overjoyed to spend more moments with my sweet cuddly cutie? You know, to be doing more of this job that I supposedly love?

Sigh.

Hand me a stick.

Mom, I will pay you to come stay here for a week.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Certain aspects of *everybody's* job get tiring and aggravating sometimes. It doesn't mean you don't love the job.

Nonna said...

Well, you wouldn't need to pay me!! Unfortunately, it would likely be the sixth day of my visit that Genna would actually be willing to spend time with me!! I keep hoping Christopher will get a job offer from NDSU.

donna said...

I totally agree with Heidi. Every job has its ups and downs.