Thursday, November 15, 2007

Agenda

Trying to decide if I should work really hard to somehow muster the time and motivation (not to mention energy) to work out on the elliptical trainer sometime today (when? after the girls are in bed, I guess? because I used up naptime already, doing all the other things I need to get done), since, obviously, I can't go for a run without anyone else at home with the girls--or if being home alone with the babies while Christopher is on a three-day business trip is enough reason to say Forget it! Who needs a workout when you're sustaining life over here?

Also trying to decide if I should really try to get the upstairs carpet vacuumed (but when? because the baby is terrified of the vacuum, and there's no one here to take her so I can run it. although I could hold her on one hip and vacuum the upstairs one-armed, which I've done before, although it gave me some sort of shoulder injury. doesn't seem worth it. despite the level of dust and cat hair, and the fact that I'm hosting playgroup here tomorrow morning).

Um, I think I'm losing some sort of battle with my daily to-do list.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pull out the snack tray and enjoy The Office tonight.

Shan said...

Oh my goodness, SO GLAD you reminded me (whoever you are!) it's Office night tonight! I would have been wasting time on the elliptical with my iPod on, forgetting all about it and then regretting missing it later! Oh, and I'm totally comatose right now, at 6 p.m., with 2 bedtime routines ahead of me, so....yeah. I don't think I'm going to be EXERCISING tonight.

Christopher Tassava said...

Exactly. Who the hell cares about exercising or vacuuming when there's absolutely no break at any other time all day? Only a near-pathologically tidy and/or fit person. Screw both things.

Shan said...

Since by 6 p.m. I was barely moving (no exaggeration) but still had two girls to get to bed, the question kind of answered itself. Oh my God---SO EXHAUSTED.