Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Good Morning to You, Too

Conversation at our house this morning:

Julia, downstairs talking to Christopher: Daddy, can we do "Baby Dance"? [a toddler dance/movement DVD we own]
Christopher: No, not right now, honey. Probably later today.
Julia, whining: But why NOT? I want to do "Baby Dance"!
Christopher: Because Genevieve is going to go down for her nap pretty soon.
Me, calling down from upstairs: You and Vivi can do "Baby Dance" later, when I'm making your lunch, like we always do.
Julia, petulant: Mama! I wasn't WORRIED about it! Why are you talking to me?
Me: I'm just having a conversation with you.
Julia: Mama, why do you ALWAYS HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH ME?!
Me, rolling my eyes so far backward they're practically stuck in my skull even now: Good question.

No comments: