Thursday, December 13, 2007

Big Enough for All

Good news. My (big, big, big) new dining room table is up! With all six chairs. Of course, when you've got a big, big, big dining room table, the room that it is in suddenly becomes small, small, small. Or smaller, as the case may be. But I don't care! I love it. I can't wait to have you all over for dinner. Warning: some members of our household aren't the most decorous eaters.

Photo as soon as we've hung the painting that is waiting to adorn the giant blank wall that has been staring us in the face for the past two years.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I can't wait to see pictures! (Talk about sure sign I'm getting older - I get excited over a picture of furniture. I wouldn't have cared when I was in my 20s.)

As for blank walls... we've got lots of those at my house. We're worse than you because we HAVE the pictures to put on the walls but just haven't put them up! (Dare I suggest it as a good Christmas project for the husband while he's on vacation?)

donna said...

Sorry, the previous comment was mine. Somehow it didn't save my name.

Shan said...

I promise: photo soon. And Darin--get on hanging those pictures!

Christopher Tassava said...

Yeah, Darin, get on that! What are you waiting for? Surely, if your house is like my house, there's no lack of picture-hanging supervision!

donna said...

Ah, it's not about picture hanging SUPERVISION. It's about having lots of picture-hanging "help." (And I do mean "help" not help.)

Our son wants to pound nails and 'build'. And our daughter wants to climb stools. So it's best to do it when they aren't around (which isn't often) or when they are sleeping (but then she would wake from the banging). So really, he's got a good excuse.

Shan said...

Exactly hour dilemma. You can't do it when they're up, and you can't do it when they're sleeping! In the end, we hung this painting when they were both in their chairs, eating!

donna said...

By the way, the pictures have been hung! All 13 of them!

I did them (not my husband). BUT, he has been working on putting up some more-than-needed shelves so he's in the clear. :)