Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Worst Parenting Moments Ever?

As you all know, I don't often write a post simply to point out someone else's blog post, even though I read many, many fantastic mama-blog posts every week. But sometimes I come across something so good, I can't resist. Thus, you just might want to check out Finslippy right now, where blogger Alice Bradley asked her readers to write her with their very worst parenting stories--those moments when anger, frustration, spite, or flat-out temporary insanity took over and caused them to, um....act rather unmotherly.

If you need a (horror-tinged?) laugh, or just an opportunity to shake your head and think, "Whew boy, thank the Lord in heaven I've never done anything THAT bad," read this. But only if you have a parenting sense of humor. Because it's not always pretty. But it is true to life, and sort of HILARIOUS. Haven't we all been there, people? Or somewhere that very much resembles there? I thought so.

1 comment:

Christopher Tassava said...

That whole post was hilarious, though I thought the commentary actually more funny than the stories - which, as advertised, were very cringey. The one about the seatbelt struck me as particularly Britney-esque. But yeah, really excellent blogging.