Monday, March 17, 2008

Day Eight

There are few things sadder than weaning your last baby by default, merely because you've been too sick, for too long, to nurse--especially when you really hoped you wouldn't end up weaning just because everyone was sick. But then Genevieve started losing interest and I was too tired, and by the time she changed her mind, I was done. Dang this ridiculous virus. Once again, I weaned a baby by accident and didn't get to know that the last nursing session was the last. Oh, by the way--I forgot to mention it, but Genevieve turned 19 months old on Saturday. To me, she seems younger, because she doesn't talk much and she's small--but there you have it: 19 months!

(Are you wondering why I'm up at 1:30 a.m.? Well, it's because I am too sick to sleep. Clearly, I angered a god somewhere along the line. Because this is just RIDICULOUS. And yes, I am seeking additional medical care in the morning.)

4 comments:

Christopher Tassava said...

Oh, good god. This is ridiculous. I'm going to try to do some sort of long-range voodoo to drive out that virus.

donna said...

I'm so sorry you're sick. That just sucks. Wish I could babysit for you.

Shan said...

Donna, you're so sweet! Good news: today I got antibiotics. Help is on the way.

Jordan said...

Hope those antibiotics kick in really quickly for you! Sorry about the weaning. I don't think I knew when either of my boys' last nursing sessions were going to be ahead of time, either, but now I have no idea how or when they stopped. That's crazy!