Monday, March 31, 2008

Thank You, Amoxicillin

Genevieve's antibiotics must have fully kicked in today. At ten a.m. I suddenly realized she had been up for four hours but HAD NOT CRIED ONCE. No whining, no screaming, no blazing toddler meltdowns. No following me around the house with her arms upstretched, sobbing "Mama, Mama, Mama" until I picked her up and attempted to carry her on my hip during all my activities. I can't tell you how amazing this morning has felt. It's exactly like being terribly sick, yourself, for days, and then suddenly feeling better: you can't believe how good you feel, how fantastic life is. It's as if you had totally forgotten, beforehand, what things are normally like. That's how I feel today.

Oh--and there's a snowstorm outside today. Can I just say: THANK GOD Genevieve's illness, and thus her temperament, is improved? Because can you imagine what I would do if I had to deal with a cranky sick baby for one more day, AND it was snowing outside once again? I don't even want to think about it.

3 comments:

Mnmom said...

I can remember those days, in fact I think I may have PSTD from them. And even if you DID pick them up they just continued to whine and wipe snot on your sleeves. Nothing made them happy, and they weren't old enough to just go lay down on the sofa and take a nap. Even the TV can't rescue Mom on those days.
Hooray for Western Medicine!!!!!

Shan said...

Amen to that entire comment, MNmom! You said it. And I feel like I have PTSD from this entire winter, actually!

amoxicillin said...

nice post