Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tuesday Do-Little Dinners: Chicken Moutarde

It's Tuesday, so you know what that means: it's time to talk about dinner. I don't know about you, but I love dinner ideas for which I don't even need a recipe. This week's meal is so simple I feel like everyone probably makes it already; but, having just returned from four days out of town and being two weeks' behind on housework and grocery shopping, it's about all I can wrap my brain around right now. Plus, it's really good! It's from a cookbook I owned years ago; can't even remember the book's title. But this recipe stuck with me.

Put some potatoes in the oven 30 minutes before the chicken goes in, cook some veggies or make a salad as the chicken and potatoes bake, and you'll have a complete, homemade, healthy meal in an hour. Or if you don't have an hour to spare, make some couscous while the chicken cooks; that way, the whole thing will only take a half-hour. Quick note about the sauce: you may prefer more or less honey-mustard sauce on your chicken. Feel free to experiment; just use roughly equal amounts of honey and mustard.

Chicken Moutarde
4 Servings

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (thawed)
salt and pepper
1-2 T. lemon juice
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup dijon mustard
paprika

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken in an oiled baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with lemon juice. In a small bowl, combine honey and dijon mustard. Pour evenly over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika to garnish. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until inside is no longer pink and juices run clear.

2 comments:

Rob Hardy said...

Sounds great. I make a variation of this where the sauce is made of honey, lemon juice, and soy sauce (instead of dijon mustard). It requires a little more work (flouring the chicken pieces and turning them in melted butter, then basting periodically with the sauce), but it's still pretty simple.

Anonymous said...

I use this sauce combo on Salmon and it's pretty delish!