Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tuesday Do-Little Dinners: I Got Nothing.

Sorry, folks. Tuesday is normally the day I pass along a new, quick dinner idea, but I've been too sick to cook, or even think about cooking. I will give you this, though: French toast for supper is always welcome. And have you ever made French toast with English muffins? (How multi-national!) I know, I know--that one smooth side doesn't soak up much eggy goodness, but do your best. The other side more than makes up for it. Yum! Try it. You'll like it.

6 comments:

Jordan said...

French toast is a dinner tradition around here on Friday nights! It's a perfect do-little dinner that the kids can help with. I think it's a great one!

Also, speaking of English muffins - last night we let them make English muffin pizzas for dinner and it was a huge hit - and another oh-so-easy option! ;-)

Shan said...

I grew up on those; haven't made them for my own girls in ages! If ever?! Forgot all about them. But, Julia's nursery school is making them ("Pizza Muffins") one day this month!

Jordan said...

Yes, that's how we remembered them, too - Lyle made them at school a couple weeks ago. Funny, we decided to call them "English Pizzas" - the boys will be sorely disappointed to go to England someday and discover that the pizza there is actually *less* authentic than these! Ha.

Rob Hardy said...

When I was a teenager, I actually impressed a girl (one of my sister's friends) with my ability to make those pizzas. Score one for boys who can cook!

Shan said...

Given that recent post of yours on classic Italian cooking, you've come a long way, Rob!

donna said...

We've always done "muffin pizzas" at our house - even before the kids. So much easier than making a whole pizza, and you can put whatever toppings you want on your pizza (which currently, for my son means cheese, 1 pepperoni and lots of raisins.)