Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Vivi at 20 Months




Genevieve Rose is 20 months old today. Words don't do her justice, and I can tell that they never will. She's a spitfire and she severely tests our patience. (Last night, for instance, I was up from 11:30 p.m. to 2:30 a.m., because she for some reason decided not to sleep during those hours, leaving me looking like death--TIRED death--today. Lovely.) But she also has so few words for her age (37 at latest count) and so little hair that she seems endearingly babyish, much younger at this age than Julia seemed, and she does things like follow Julia around the house, begging her sister to read to her by saying politely, "Boo-wah, bee [Julia, please]? Boo-wah, bee?" until Julia gives in and says things like, "Genevieve, you're so cute!" and, to me, "Mama, even when Genevieve is rough with me, I still love her."

So we're won over, of course, already. Again. Always. Forever.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

20 months!! Wow. Shan, your hair is so long!! You look fab :) The girls are so sweet, great pics.

Mnmom said...

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy . . and take lots of pictures.

donna said...

So so sweet.

(And, there is nothing wrong with fooling yourself into she's still a baby. And yes, that's what I say to myself.)