Thursday, May 08, 2008

Election

Tonight Julia asked to go to bed at 6:15. Since for several weeks now she's been staying awake in her bed until 9 p.m., talking and calling and complaining about not being able to fall asleep, thus causing me great trauma as I consider the fact that the afternoon nap may need to be eliminated, I looked at her like she was crazy. Then I put her to bed, headed off to the nursery school spring parent meeting, and recalled, on my way there, that four families I know have kids home sick right now with fevers and vomiting. I would have banged my forehead against the steering wheel, had I not been driving at the time. Let's just say I really, really hope Julia was just inexplicably tired this evening, and not coming down with something.

So have I mentioned I'm going to be the president of Julia's nursery school's board next year? If you know me well, you may not be all that surprised. I kind of like a project.

5 comments:

Mnmom said...

I was registrar for two years at ours. Welcome to the world of thankless volunteer jobs.

Shan said...

I'm kind of excited about it. I haven't volunteered in any capacity since college, and this is something I care about. The other parents involved at preschool are super fun, so....I'm hoping it ends up less a thankless job and more an important task that also includes socializing and eating cookies. :)

Mnmom said...

Oh the other volunteers are usually great. It's the parents who NEVER volunteer that complain the most.

Shan said...

I can imagine!

Anonymous said...

Congrats El Presidenta! You'll do a great job and it'll be loads of fun :) You'll charm them all, no worries about complaining parents.