Sunday, May 18, 2008

It's the Dress

Today I am wearing one of the new spring dresses I bought last month during my epic new-clothes-shopping expedition. I am taking Julia to a dance recital this afternoon, and I told her that lots of people like to dress up a little bit when they go to arts performances like recitals and concerts and plays, because it shows respect to the performers for their hard work and willingness to share their talents with the audience. Needless to say, it didn't take much for Julia to jump on this bandwagon. The girl is three, after all: an excuse to wear a dress? Right with ya!

Anyway, what I was going to say was this: my new dress is one of those soft and comfy jersey knits that are so popular right now, with a trendy yet classic allover small geometric print. And I really like it, even though I realized earlier that it's one of those currently-ubiquitous empire-waist pieces that ARE PRECISELY THE KIND OF DRESSES THAT SHOW UP IN THOSE CELEBRITY "IS SHE OR ISN'T SHE PREGNANT?" GOSSIP-MAGAZINE PHOTOS.

So I am telling you right now: No. I am not pregnant. IT'S JUST THE DRESS.

6 comments:

Christopher Tassava said...

It's not just the dress, ma'am. Other factors are arguably more importantly contributing to your nonpregnancy.

Shan said...

Clarification for the confused male readers: IT'S JUST THE DRESS THAT IS MAKING ME LOOK PREGNANT.

Anonymous said...

Ahh, why not?

Shan said...

To anonymous: why am I not pregnant? or, "why not?!" as in, "why NOT wear a cute little dress that makes one look pregnant? After all, it's cute! Even if it makes the wearer look potentially pregnant!"

Oh my, we could discuss this all day.

Mnmom said...

My sister used to have people constantly think she was pregnant. This went on from age 30-40. Thing was, she didn't really LOOK pregnant. Perhaps it was her clothing.

I say wear the dress and keep people guessing.

Nakia said...

Wow.... I found it so funny. Too have got some cute dresses from Macys, so happy wit my purchase.