Friday, May 09, 2008

To Be Published

I LOVED my undergraduate alma mater (still do). Seriously, I'm loyal to an embarrassing degree; I have dreams about being back in college far more frequently than is normal or probably healthy. Therefore, I couldn't be more thrilled with the recent news that an essay of mine is going to be published in the fall issue of the college's gorgeous, glossy alumni magazine, Macalester Today. I know; autumn is a long way off. But I'm still really excited about it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which essay? Link please :)

Shan said...

Sorry, I don't have a link yet! It's a previously unpublished piece, so it's sitting in the editor's office at present, to be published in the fall. I hope it makes it to the online version of the mag so that I can post a link come fall, but it may just be in the printed version of the magazine. I'll let everyone know in time!

Rob Hardy said...

Congratulations! That's great!!! My favorite former student and good friend Peytie is at this moment finishing her freshman year at Macalester. She has loved it!

Anonymous said...

just make sure you save me a copy--I'll take a look at it when I come to visit ;)

-V

Shan said...

Will do, lovely V. And to Rob, thanks! Seriously, the fact that my piece is going to be in the Mac magazine makes my publication news all the more special to me. I'm a total sap.

Mnmom said...

Congratulations!