Tuesday, June 24, 2008

What-to-Do Wednesdays: Ice Cubes

My camera battery died just as I tried to photograph yesterday afternoon's outdoor activity, so I didn't get a pic of three little girls (my two plus a neighbor friend) playing around with a bunch of ice cubes I had emptied into a plastic toy bin and put out on the patio. The girls used big plastic cooking spoons to scoop the ice cubes in and out, "drew" with ice cubes on the pavement, let them melt in their hands, and dunked them in and out of water buckets. A fair amount ended up in the sand table, too. Fun---and COOL.

3 comments:

Mnmom said...

Now make ice in bowls, scoops, etc and let them free fun continue! Throw in a little food coloring too.

Shan said...

Gotta love the fantastic ideas from Mnmom....

Mnmom said...

I'm all about free fun and creative play.