Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What-to-Do Wednesdays: Take it Outside

My girls are big into coloring. Give them some Crayola markers and a few color books and they'll go to town. But sometimes you want to mix it up a little, right? They're bored with the same old, same old? It's nice outside, and you feel the need to soak up some vitamin D? Well, what if you spread a sturdy picnic blanket out in the backyard and took the art supplies out there? You could call it Outsider Art! (Ha; I crack myself up.) It might just occupy them for an extra ten minutes.

I'm going to try it later today. Maybe you too?

3 comments:

Question said...

The nieces really love the Crayola "magic" drawing pads/books/markers. I've found them in the dollar bin at Target. The bigger sets were also just on sale, so I picked up some for the twins' upcoming birthday. The only problem? Not enough generic characters. Most have Disney tie-ins.

Mnmom said...

Next time show them how to do rubbings - on the trees, the cement, etc.

Shan said...

Hey, rubbings are a great idea! I'll have to do that. Question, I've seen those magic drawing supplies in the store but have not tried them. They do seem like a brilliant invention.