Tuesday, September 23, 2008

This is How She Repays Me for Making Homemade Finger-Paint With Her This Morning?

It goes without saying, doesn't it, that on a day when the daddy of the family went in to work early and is also staying at work late, the baby of the family IS NOT ALLOWED TO SKIP HER NAP? I mean, really. I didn't think I had to spell it out.

Remind me to write later about how Genevieve basically runs the whole show around here. I would do it now, but I've got all the CRYING AND YELLING AND FUSSING AND DEMANDING AND NON-NAPPING to deal with.

4 comments:

Not-So-Anonymous-Donna said...

The reason for her behavior is obvious: she is responding to the fact that you're stressed out because you don't like being a mother and resent your husband for working and leaving you alone with the kids all day. You need to get a job. And a life.

(ha ha ha; sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Seriously? I feel for you.

Shan said...

Ha! Whew--glad that was you, Donna, making a JOKE. ;) And not Anonymous Psychologist come back to haunt me.

Truly: life with Genevieve would be a breeze if she just got everything exactly the way she wanted it at all times.

sara said...

Egads! Just reading the words "no nap" makes me twitchy. But this means she went to bed early right?! HA-ha! Yeah, riiight. Btw, homemade fingerpaints sound VERY Martha-like.

Shan said...

Genevieve doesn't believe in going to bed early. It goes against her principles.