Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What-to-Do Wednesdays: Milk-Jug Ghosts

I love doing Halloween projects with my daughters. Halloween lends itself especially well to creativity, with all its spooks and colored leaves and pumpkin faces, don't you think?

Last year I found this idea in Family Fun magazine: making ghosts out of plastic milk jugs. All you do is save and wash out an empty plastic milk jug, have the kids color ghost faces on it with black permanent marker (which: are you kidding me? We used Crayola washables, because our ghosts are not going outside), and then theoretically cut a hole out of the bottom of the jug and push in a strand or two of white Christmas lights. Because I am lazy and my children are tiny, I skipped the lights part. Yes, that means that all this project entailed was having them draw faces on milk jugs. Yes, it only took about two minutes. But yes, they DID think it was fantastic and delightful, thank you very much. And they are very proud of their ghosts. You may or may not want to click over to Family Fun to see their lovely version, before laying your eyes upon ours:

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Is the gallon jug still full of milk or is it just opaque??

Shan said...

No, no--it's just opaque! :)