Thursday, November 06, 2008

Still Celebrating

I can't stop celebrating. It's time to watch this video again. Now that Obama has won the election, watch it again and be amazed anew. Maybe you'll shed a few tears, like Christopher and I do when we see it.

When I first saw this video, last February sometime, I was absolutely stilled by the power of Obama's words. I vividly recall going for a run just afterwards, and running down Fourth Street replaying the lines over and over in my head. As I told Christopher last night, back then I honestly knew in my gut that Barack Obama was going to go all the way. Later on I became fearful, and discouraged, but somehow I could just tell he was amazing and that nothing could stop him. That America would do the right thing, would be buoyed by his vision and promise for a better country.

"Yes we can, to justice and equality. Yes we can, to opportunity, and prosperity....Nothing can stand in the way of the power of millions of voices calling for change."

2 comments:

Montessori Mama said...

I just found your blog and I'm lovin' it! Thanks for sharing yourself with us all. I feel the same way about Obama winning! Every time I think about it I smile. There is HOPE again.
PEACE
Jennifer
aka Montessori Mama
ps your kids are adorable

Shan said...

Hey, wow, thanks, new reader! Always glad to hear from other like-minded mamas. :) Peace to you, too.