Friday, December 05, 2008

Surely Eggnog is Medicinal in Some Way

I have now spent the whole week, save for a stint visiting Julia's nursery school (I know! Visiting school when sick! So not good!), in yoga pants and questionable t-shirts, tending to my congestion and downing an awful lot of Advil. I know you're supposed to lose your appetite when you're sick, but except for the first day, I've applied myself pretty studiously to the task of maintaining my normal high-snacks diet, and since I'm way too sick to exercise in any way and so have skipped all my runs this week, I believe I'm actually gaining weight while ill---surely a first in the history of the world. Go me.

On tap this weekend: Christmas tree assembling and decorating, grocery shopping and holiday baking, an Advent program at a local church, and a Christmas tea for women neighbors on my street. My plan is to skip a few more runs, ingest a little more eggnog, gain a couple more pounds, and recover from this cold by Monday.

The holiday season awaits! Who has time to be sick?

2 comments:

Mnmom said...

Advil and Tylenol are flying down the hatch here, and I now swear by Benadryl Sinus. Get Better!!!!

Shan said...

I'm trying to figure out if I do indeed have a sinus infection (and not just a cold), and if so, if I need to go see a doctor in order to get better. It's such an ordeal to go to the doctor when you're a full-time SAHM to toddlers. Seriously--dragging a 2 year old and 4 year old along with me to the clinic is not my idea of a good time.