Tuesday, December 02, 2008

They're So Cute When They're Watching TV

I seem to spend a lot of time lately gazing at my girls--toddler topknot ponytails standing straight up in the air, matching t-shirts--and wishing fervently that I could freeze time and somehow preserve their little chubby baby-cheeks and the tender napes of their necks into eternity, while also wincing with the awful knowledge that there's no way to do that, that they'll grow into big kids and teenagers and one day they won't sit side by side with wide eyes and plump lips and they won't let me cuddle them and maybe they won't even want to be with me.

However, it's probably not right that the only times I think these thoughts are when they're sitting silent and motionless in front of PBS Kids. Huh.

1 comment:

Mnmom said...

I still have those moments! My heart just aches that I'll never see those little chubby people again. I even look at their 14 and 9 year old selves and want to preserve THESE people, especially the youngest because she still smells like a toddler.