Sunday, February 08, 2009

38 Doesn't Feel All That Old, Actually

Today is my birthday! You will all be happy to know that I celebrated in style, with a little brunch party at our house for seven old friends (four grown-ups, three kids, one adult sadly absent--and can it be possible that I've known those friends for ten years now?!); a heck of a lot of potato-onion-cheese frittata, chocolate-chip cornmeal scones, oatmeal-raisin muffins, strong coffee and cream, o.j., and birthday cake; and the delight of several little surprise birthday treats from friends who don't listen when you say, "no gifts please." Not to mention an afternoon movie date yesterday with three other friends which involved copious amounts of both popcorn and Junior Mints. I know how to rock my birthday weekend, you all.

I'm thinking the end of this birthday weekend calls for pj's, the sofa, "Curb Your Enthusiasm" on DVD, and a second piece of birthday cake. Because when you're 38, you get tired easily and have to lie around and rest a lot. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

4 comments:

Mnmom said...

Happy Birthday my friend! All the cool kids were born in winter. 38 is NOT that old, at least from my perch it isn't. I think you definitely have another piece of cake coming. Come over to my place, I linked to both of you yesterdy.

Question said...

Hippo Birdie Two Ewes. Cheers!

Shan said...

Thanks, guys! Hey, Mnmom, thanks for the link! That's sweet!

Donna said...

Happy Belated Birthday!