Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Melt

The girls and I just returned home from a walk that took 45 minutes and spanned TWO BLOCKS. It involved a giant puddle, snowpants gleefully wet up to the knees, and one showdown at the OK Corral, during which Genevieve stood in the middle of one block with her arms crossed and feet planted, refusing to walk OR to go back home, and Julia and I stood at the corner of the same block, waiting for her to relent.

Now you can see why it took us 45 minutes to go for a two-block walk. Right?

5 comments:

Mnmom said...

PTSD!!! PTSD ALERT!!
Oh no, here come the choppers!!!

Shan said...

Seriously! Genevieve was a bear today! Didn't nap and was naughty naughty naughty about it! ARGH, the screaming!

However, after the showdown on the sidewalk, that's when we found the Giant Puddle and then she had loads of fun getting all sorts of wet.

Anonymous said...

I can so relate. Many have been the 45 minute walks around the pond by our house. By myself, it takes 5-10 minutes to walk around.

donna said...

The difference between you and me is that I never would have waited for 45 minutes. I would have picked her up, screaming and yelling and crying, and carried her home. (My son also would not have been so patient with my daughter as Julia was with Genevieve).

donna said...

I give you credit.