Wednesday, February 04, 2009

One Minor Note

I should mention that, Genevieve's three-hour nap yesterday aside, today is the fifth day in a week and a half that she has skipped her nap. She turns 2-1/2 in two weeks. NOT OLD ENOUGH TO STOP NAPPING. Oh, and in case you were wondering? She's cute and all, what with her new pigtails and her actual sentences and her "Mama, you are a buddy"? But even so? Thirteen hours straight of Genevieve, with no break thrown in there around mid-afternoon? Equals TOO MUCH GENEVIEVE.

4 comments:

Mom said...

As Shannon's mom and Genna's Nonna I have only this to say: Payback. Shannon's naps ended even before this age, just over two, because although she would usually nap, she would then stay awake at night till 11 or midnight. And get up by 7 a.m. Nice.

Mnmom said...

I love hearing Grandma's perspective! When the twins quit napping at about 2.5 I thought I'd go insane. Whether or not that did happen is not for me to judge.

Mom and Kiddo said...

Yeah, that was pretty much when my son stopped napping. On the plus side, he started going to bed at 6 or 6:30 (not anymore, though)

donna said...

Sometimes I wonder if my daughter is ready to give up her nap, too. (I remember going through this with my son at this age - he grew out of it and started napping well once he started school.) Not sure if that helps hearing you're not alone in that boat.

But, your mom's comment made me laugh out loud.