Saturday, February 28, 2009

Small Blessings

Here's one reason I love four-year-olds:

This morning when I came downstairs dressed for a few hours' of volunteer work at my daughter's nursery school's registration--outfitted in nothing more fancy than black trousers, a lavender long-sleeved t-shirt with a long necklace, boots, and a scarf-tied ponytail to hide the fact that I didn't feel like washing and drying my hair last night--Julia looked at me, gave me a thrilled grin, and sighed, "Oh Mama, you look SO BEAUTIFUL."

All it takes is some accessories and a pair of non-denim pants to impress them to their very cores.

2 comments:

Mnmom said...

Oh I LOVE it! About 5 years ago I went to a 60's party dressed in a funky shirt, teased hair with a scarf tied in it, blue eyeshadow, liquid liner, and pink lipstick. The girls went absolutely insane and said "Oh Mommy, you should wear that EVERYDAY! You look like one of our babysitters!".

Shan said...

Ha! Now THAT is a good story, Mnmom.