Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I'm Glad it's (Probably) Not Cancer, But Seriously?

This morning I ran off before breakfast for an appointment at my OB's office. (No, I'm not pregnant.) I had some symptoms I was worried about, but it turns out it's probably nothing. I'm supposed to give it two weeks and if it doesn't seem resolved, go back in for further examination. I'm not worried about it at all, but I needed the check-up anyway, so that's fine. It was just sort of stressful to manage the logistics of a last-minute, early-a.m. doctor appointment on such short notice, and with two children under five to accomodate. Thank goodness for Christopher's incredibly understanding office.

Anyway, what I really wanted to say was this: the scale at my OB's office gives my weight as TEN POUNDS MORE than my scale at home would have me believe. I'm used to doctor's office scales always reading heavier than bathroom scales--boo, by the way--but TEN FREAKING POUNDS? People, that is JUST SICK.

No comments: