Monday, March 16, 2009

Night Three

It took Genevieve a long time to fall asleep last night. She had taken a two-hour nap in the afternoon (actually I woke her up after two hours), but I don't think that's why. We took a family walk outside in the morning, stopping off at our neighborhood playground, and then Christopher took the girls to a different park in the afternoon, so all in all they got about two hours of active outdoor physical play during the day. Both girls were yawning uncontrollably by bedtime, so I know Genevieve was tired. Still, it took nearly 40 minutes for her to stop yawning, wiggling, and sighing in her crib and actually go to sleep. I spent that time sitting on the floor two or three feet from her crib, inwardly groaning at the time and trying to ignore how hungry and in need of a snack I was. Still, no crying. And, she slept through the entire night with no crying (and is still asleep right now).

I have to admit I'm more than a little concerned about what she will do when I get closer to the door, and more so, when I actually leave the room. (I assume I'll have to sit in the hallway within her sight for awhile.) I hope the crying doesn't resume then.

In other news, tonight is the Parent Kindergarten Meeting at the neighborhood elementary school Julia will attend in September. How is it possible?

3 comments:

Mnmom said...

Don't move out the door too quickly. Just 6 inches each night should do it. Slow but sure wins the race! Good Luck!

And take it from me. All this will be just a blip on the radar screen someday. Savor her little cuteness and your absolute power over her whereabouts. And be thankful she hasn't learn sarcasm yet.

Shan said...

Argh! You're right! I am thankful! Can you imagine Genevieve, but with sarcasm? Too much to take.

latisha said...

really? wow. it seems so easy. i have totally given in to sleeping with her and i love it secretly but wish i could be in my own bed with my husband and get up early to have time to myself and not be awakened in the midddle of the night.

i dread the crying though...