Sunday, April 05, 2009

Domestic Sunday

From 6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. today: fed cat; changed sheets on all beds; did all laundry; ironed blouse; wrote a blog post for my new writing job; shook out rugs; cleaned catbox; emptied dishwasher; loaded dishwasher; prepared breakfast, snack, and lunch; printed and filed preschool Board documents (volunteer work); wrapped gifts for loved ones with birthdays this month; wrote packing list for family trip to grandparents' for Easter next weekend; washed girls' hairbrushes; readied all outdoor gear for girls' playtime in backyard snow (ARGH!); made homemade hot chocolate for girls upon coming in from playtime in backyard snow (ten minutes later) (ARGH!); completed tedious, difficult exercise DVD. (Notice that "bathed and/or groomed myself" is not on the list.)

Plan for rest of the day: as little as possible. Possibly involving homemade popcorn and the watching of movies.

Yay for my cozy domestic life.

5 comments:

Christopher Tassava said...

Showoff! At least I have taken a shower.

Mom and Kiddo said...

This all sounds so familiar. Especially the no-self-grooming part. And that I make my husband clean the cat box.

Anonymous said...

Oprah did a show today on the secrets of being a SAHM. All the gritty stuff not usually talked about. There were women confessing to not having showered in days, not having time to groom. You should check it out. Right up your alley. You are not alone. Oprah said, hardest job in the world, hands down.

Shan said...

I heard about that Oprah episode (on today), because Heather Armstrong (of Dooce.com)--most famous SAHM of all time, I think--wrote on her blog that she was going to be on it! However, major irony: I am too busy on weekday afternoons to be able to watch Oprah! So, I missed it!

latisha said...

i just wrote about this. and how much i miss it...