Friday, April 03, 2009

Friday of Spring Break

This morning a friend and I took our girls (two four-year-olds and two two-year-olds) to the city an hour away to see the Clifford (the Big Red Dog) exhibit at the Minnesota Children's Museum. It was a big event, an all-morning field trip, a huge adventure. (By the way: so, so happy I'm a stay-at-home mom on days like this. So thrilled I get to do fun things like this with my babes on a random weekday, just for fun and excitement. Grateful for my life.)

The girls all had a blast. On the way home in the car, when they were all full from their sack lunches and exhausted and frustrated from not being home in their beds where they could stretch out and nap, Julia said, "Mama, the sleep in my body is almost all the way up to my eyes."

Don't you love it?

3 comments:

Mnmom said...

I DO love it! We always took snack lunches there too. My kids' favorite part was the pigeon nests in the skyway to the parking ramp. Once, after returning home, the then 3-yr-old Twin #1 said "I'm glad we live in plain old Northfield".

Nonna said...

What a creative and wonderful way to say "I'm SO tired!"

Christopher Tassava said...

*swoon*