Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Make Yourself a Priority

Happy April, everyone! Here in Wonderland, there's snow on the ground this morning, which is the ultimate April Fool's joke, if you ask me.

Given the weather, I'm working hard to focus on happier news today. Awhile back I was hired to write a newsletter questions-and-advice column and a women's wellness blog for the new women's website PriorityMe.com, which launched this morning! Go check it out! The site is all about women putting themselves back on their own list of priorities, amidst the mothering and working and cooking and cleaning and caretaking of all kinds. Who couldn't use a few reminders about that?

My first column is here, but you'll have to wait a couple of weeks for my blog, which is slated to go up around mid-April. Please bookmark the site and check back often! It's sure to be interesting and fun, and it's already jam-packed with great content from a wide variety of talented writers, bloggers, photographers, and others--all busy women with lots to say.

7 comments:

Mom said...

Nice job, nice newsletter! I am very proud!!!

Shan said...

Moms are always good for positive feedback, aren't they? Here I am wishing I'd had a better photo for my column byline....

donna said...

Congratulations. Looking forward to more!

Rob Hardy said...

1. Why have I still not lost weight after Clara's pregnancy?

2. Any picture of you is gorgeous.

latisha said...

congrats shannon! you give me hope.

Shan said...

Aw, my peeps. Love you guys. :)

Hey, and a special thanks to my sis, who is in large part responsible for me getting this job, since she introduced me to the freelance job-search site iFreelance, AND she alerted me when this job ad came up, saying, "This would be perfect for you!" Thanks, Heidi!

Oh, and p.s. to Rob--surely you're not playing enough hopscotch on the driveway.

Sammi Johnson said...

Thanks for writing about the site on your blog! The newsletter will change a bit and actually go OUT to a large group...Hopefully you'll notice a spike in your traffic too :-)