Sunday, May 10, 2009

Now Why Didn't I Think of That?

Julia (spying my candy wrapper): You got to eat a piece of chocolate?
Me: Yep. Mamas get to do that sometimes. It's one of the nice things about being a grown-up.
Julia: EVERYTHING'S nice about being a grown-up!
Me: Ohhhh no it's not!
Julia: What??? What's not nice about being a grown-up?!
Me: Well, grown-ups are the ones who have to do all the cleaning and the cooking and the diaper changing and the working and the preschool volunteering and the paying bills and the shopping and the sitting in the hallway at bedtime.
Julia: Well, Mama, I'M not going to do any of those things when I'M a grown-up.
Me: Really? Who's going to do those things for you?
Julia (all but rolling her eyes at me): My HUSBAND!

6 comments:

Question said...

I love that kid.

Oatmeal told me that she wanted to be me so she could ride the train and play on the computer all day.

Mom and Kiddo said...

Excellent plan, Julia. You are wise beyond your years.

Mnmom said...

You have trained her well Jedi Master.

Elise said...

That is awesome. She totally has it figured out.

latisha said...

what a genious girl.

Christopher said...

Thing is, she's never gonna find a husband as good as her father. I'll make sure of that.