Tuesday, June 09, 2009

All in a Day's Work

Ah, yes. Remember just yesterday, when I waxed rhapsodic about my lovely summer life set-up, including on ongoing gig as a monthly columnist and blogger for the web start-up PriorityMe.com? Well, it turns out that the second I realized how great everything was, things changed. Today I got word that I've been laid off, along with other contracted writers, from my writing job at PriorityMe. Managment is rethinking the business model and hopes to redesign and be able to move forward to bigger and better (i.e., more revenue-making) things, including rehiring everyone in a few months. But in the meantime, my freelance gig is on indefinite hiatus. Sigh.

If you are so inclined, this might be a good time to go over to PriorityMe and e-mail management about how much you love those awesome advice columns by Shannon, and also the Living Well blog, and how much you sincerely hope to see more content by me over there as soon as possible, because it's your favorite part of the site. I'm just saying.

No comments: