Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Conversation After the Window-Washer Guy Left Our House

Julia: What was that guy wearing?
Me: The window washer? A red polo shirt and khaki pants.
Julia: Was that his uniform?
Me: Well, yeah. It was.
Julia: So, you have to wear a *certain outfit if you're a window washer?
Me: Probably.
Julia: Well then, I'm not going to be a window washer when I grow up.
Me: .....
Julia: Oh yeah! I'm not going to have ANY job when I grow up. I FORGOT.

*Subtext here: an outfit someone else dictated you must wear? That you did not pick out yourself? So that therefore it might not involve sparkles, sequins, or the color pink?

2 comments:

Mnmom said...

Horrors!!! They can't wear Disney princess dresses on the job???

Christopher Tassava said...

You know, that would be a good niche. "Princess Window Washing: Windows, Doors, Glass Slippers..."