Saturday, July 04, 2009

Independence From a Full Night's Sleep, Maybe

Ah..... To me, Independence Day really means lying pillow-less and cover-less on the uncomfortable, scratchy-rugged nursery floor next to my toddler's crib at five in the morning after she woke up crying for the fourth time overnight and screamed "YOU SIT IN DA HALLWAY!" at my bleary face approximately one hundred times. And then, an hour later, finally getting up to start the day. And by "start the day" I mean "ingest copious amounts of coffee while cursing the fact that my husband is leaving in a couple of days on a business trip for most of the next week."

And you?

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

I was just thinking, at least you have the horribleness of this stage documented. Good exhibit A of how difficult she really was (they never believe it when they get older!)

I hope you can get a nap today.

Christopher Tassava said...

DISLIKE. That sucks.

Anonymous said...

First of all, I wouldn't be pillowless and coverless in that situation. I would have a pillow, a blanket, and at the very least a sleeping bag under me. You can at least make the best of a bad scene!

Shan said...

Nah--we had company one door down and if I so much as moved for the door she increased the screaming a few more decibels. There was no way I was going to go find a blanket and pillow. I was just trying to get her to be silent, any way, any how, as fast as possible.

Lori said...

OMG!!!!

That's it. I'm back off the fence. I feel so bad for you--I really can't function on no sleep like that. I sincerely hope that you can take a nap soon!

Signed, Childless in Los Angeles

Shan said...

Lori, you are TOO FUNNY. By the way, you realize you are setting me up for a lifetime of guilt if I am solely responsible for you deciding not to have babies, and later on you regret! ;)

Enjoy your sleep.