Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Kohlrabi was Pretty Good.

I had kind of a crazy day. Between my mystery allergy attack at the neighborhood playground this morning and the urchin neighbor children knocking on my door at dinnertime asking to come in and play because the power was out at their house and they were "hot" (?! I don't even know these children. They're older than my own.) and the crazy toddler tumbling class for which my children were the sole registrants (?!), well.... it was just kind of an odd day. Now it's 9 p.m. and I'm handling the bedtime rebellion, sitting outside the nursery door and contemplating the fact that I have not yet done my 30 Day Shred workout today. People, I am THIS CLOSE to falling off the Shredwagon! It's 9 p.m., people! Who does the Shred at 9 p.m.? Crazy people, that's who. A category which I may or may not fall under; we'll see in about ten minutes when I sneak away from the nursery hallway. Would YOU do walking push-ups at 9:30 p.m.? I just don't know.

I also ate a kohlrabi today, which was another weird thing. It was so odd-looking that my five-year-old shuffled sideways away from it like a crab when I pulled it out of my farm-share bag, grimacing nervously and keeping a watchful gaze on it out of the corner of her eye.

Over at Friday Playdate, Susan's been making cupcakes, and I'm thinking that maybe I need a little more cake and a little less kohlrabi in my life right about now. After I do the Shred, I mean.

'Night, all. Better day tomorrow.

2 comments:

Mnmom said...

I always go for the cupcakes and crab shuffle away from exercise, but look where that got me.
If I remember, kohlrabi has kind of a mild radish flavor, yes?

The Shred at 9:30pm? That's just crazy talk!

Shan said...

Yes kohlrabi is like a radish, sort of....though without that spicy "bite." And the one I had was HUGE, and its stems/greens are crazy.