Saturday, July 11, 2009

Who's Shredding Who?

Traveling push-ups, squat-thrusts, plank jacks, skater leaps: all reasons why I feel no guilt over real whipped cream.

Day 14 of the 30 Day Shred. What can I say? Level 2 is so hard that I've lost two inches in the four days since moving up from Level 1; I kid you not. SO HARD, PEOPLE.

In other news, my two-year-old had her earliest successful bedtime in months last night, the day she skipped her afternoon nap. I'm sure there is a lesson here, but I'm too distracted by my aching shoulder muscles and limp-as-noodles quads to focus on it right now. What's that you say? Drop Genevieve's nap? And all will be right with bedtime again? It's just that I'll go crazy dealing nonstop with Genevieve from sun-up to sun-down with no breaks in between, but it's a small price to pay? Maybe I'd even get to stop sitting on the floor in the hallway outside the nursery door every evening?

I'll think about it. Maybe she can join me in the Shred workout every afternoon. Afterwards we'll sit around eating whipped cream together.

1 comment:

Christopher Tassava said...

There is so much right about this post, I can't even stand it.