Thursday, July 02, 2009

Writing News

So I just found out that an essay I wrote recently--and which, incidentally, was rejected by Babble--has been accepted for an anthology of writing about motherhood. The book is called Moms in the Fast Lane: Reflections on Kids, Career, and the Chaos of Doing it All, and my essay is about the difficulty of balancing adult friendships with the nonstop demands of full-time mothering. I hope it explains just why I never seem to get around to calling my old friends from my earlier, child-free life--no matter how much I still adore them.

Anyway, I don't have any publishing details for the book yet, but I'll keep you all posted. I'm just thrilled to have another book acceptance under my belt. My dream, times two! Lovely. (So there, Babble!)

Thanks for caring, everyone. Truly--you're all the best. Have a great 4th of July weekend.

6 comments:

Mom and Kiddo said...

Congratulations!

Mom said...

It's very easy to be proud of you!

Mnmom said...

Congratulations!!! Hope to join you someday.

latisha said...

you are an inspiration. congrats again!

Shan said...

Thanks, you guys! MNmom and Latisha, I have NO DOUBT you will achieve all your writing dreams! I send support right back at ya!

Marilyn Rodrigues said...

Congratulations Shan. I've been a 'lurker' on your blog for a long time. It's hard juggling small children and writing ambitions - but it's worth it!